Saturday, March 10, 2007

An Encounter with God

My buddy, Alex, sent me a link to watch a message given by Paul Washer.
I'd like to share some the notes I quickly took down while watching:

__________________________

"God can't hate because God is love."
No, God MUST hate because God is love.

Conversion is not like a flu shot.
Are you continuing to repent?

It's not just the gate that's narrow.
It's also the path.

There is no such thing as a carnal Christian.
The genuine Christian has been given a new nature.

You don't tell men they are saved.
You tell them how to be saved.
God tells them they are saved.

How do you know you believe?
Everyone believes.

You know you have been saved because your life
is in the process of being changed.

Look at the passions of your life.
Is Jesus in there? Or is he just an accessory?

"You will know them by their fruit."
"You will KNOW them by their FRUIT."

It's impossible to have an accident with a logging truck and not have your life changed.
What's bigger? An encounter with a logging truck or an encounter with God?

Your profession of Jesus as Lord is worth absolutely nothing.
"Not everyone who comes to me and says, 'Lord, Lord...' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

No one wants to study doctrine anymore.
They just want to listen to songs and read the back of Christian T-shirts.

If your heros are worldly people and you want to be like them...
there's a good chance you do not know God.

The most important thing in the world is not that you know Jesus.
The most important thing in the world is that Jesus knows you.
I can't get into the White House just because I say I know the President.
I can get into the White House if the President knows me.

"I believe in my heart of hearts that I'm saved."
Well, have you not read; "The heart is deceitfully wicked. Who can know it?"

If you got something from the Lord... it WILL last.
If it doesn't, you got emotion. That's all you got.

__________________________

To see the original message...
Click on "58 minute kidney punch" here


Thanks for sharing, Alex!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites