Monday, September 10, 2007

DIYer

If I can do it myself, I like to at least give it a go. I decided to try to make my own frame for a panoramic photo I made of the "Ponte Realto" in Venice.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A few pieces of pine, a sander, glue & biscuits and we're in business. It took 2 types of paint and a matte sealer to get the finish right.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kinda making this up as I go. I'm sure 'real' frame-makers are cringing at the thought.


Photobuc
Tiny helping me with some important steps. Man, is that glass clean or what?


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Many man-hours later and voilĂ . Much more difficult than buying one made - but far more rewarding.

Special thanks to Steve, my father, and Tiny for helping me get this thing made.

1 comment:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow eddie that image is incredible!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites